Are you on a quest to find the best mattress toppers at costco, target, walmart or amazon?
Then you’re in the right place. Because I have done the hard work for you and have reviewed dozens of models to bring you the best mattress toppers.
In addition, I will introduce the following related topics.
- Product Details (Including advantages and disadvantages)
- Mattress Toppers Buyer’s Guide
- Advantages of Using Mattress Toppers
- Mattress Topper Styles and Types
I will also answer some common questions.
- Who Ought To Consider Getting A Mattress Topper?
Without further ado, let’s begin!
Top 3 Picks
Best Mattress Toppers Costco | Walmart | Amazon
Is your bed starting to feel a little uncomfortable? Is a new mattress too expensive at the moment?
A mattress topper could restore the comfort of your bed at a fraction of the cost of replacing the mattress. Here are some of the best mattress topper to restore the comfort and support of your mattress.
1. LUCID 3-inch Gel Memory Foam Mattress Topper – Editor’s Choice & Best Seller
- 3 inches of ventilated gel memory foam adds softness and pressure-relieving comfort to your mattress at the shoulders, hips and knees
- Special memory foam formula is extremely soft, airy and responsive
- Ventilated design improves airflow for a more comfortable sleep climate
- Memory foam is infused with a plush gel material that captures heat to control temperature
- New foam scent is normal and will dissipate over the first 48 hours after opening; This product features a 3-year warranty
This 3-inch ventilated foam mattress has a special feature to enhance your comfort. The foam has been infused with a gel material which draws away heat, which keeps you cool in the summer and warmer in the winter. The ventilated foam provides good airflow, so you never get that hot sticky feeling.
The Lucid Gel Infused topper is designed to give you great support. It helps keep your spine aligned providing a good night of sleep and eliminating back pain. The memory foam gently forms around the curves of your body for support. It springs back to its original shape quickly when you get up.
The topper provides a plush comfortable sleeping surface, while still providing the support you need. The materials are both allergen and mite resistant, making it a perfect choice for people who struggle with allergies.
You will notice a slight “foam odor” when you remove the packaging, but within a few minutes the odor is gone and you will never smell it again.
2. DreamFoam Bedding 2″ Gel Swirl Memory Foam Topper, Made in USA
- The 2” gel swirl memory foam topper is designed to enhance the comfort of your current mattress by providing ultimate pressure point relief and contouring.
- A unique gel swirl infusion draws heat out and away from the body to deliver a cooler night’s sleep.
- Slow response memory foam is designed to help decrease motion transfer between sleep partners
- Compressed and rolled into a 13" X 13" X 22" box and shipped by parcel directly to your door. Please allow up to 24 hours for any potential odors to dissipate and topper to fully expand.
- 3-year warranty, proudly made in Arizona, CertiPUR-US certified.
The DreamFoam topper is made with 2” foam that has a gel swirl to improve air circulation to keep you cool. It is a great choice for people who have an overly firm mattress and would to add a touch of softness. While it feels soft, it also provides great support. The memory foam cuddles your body eliminating painful pressure points. Do you feel every time your spouse rolls over? This topper helps dissipate motion transfer, letting you get a better night of sleep.
The topper is available in sizes from twin all the way to a California King. Over 3000 people have given this topper a 5-star review, good proof of its comfort and durability. DreamFoam Bedding covers the topper with a 3-year warranty.
3. HOSPITOLOGY PRODUCTS Microfiber Quilted Mattress Pad & Topper – Low-budget Choice
- Designed by a doctor, our bed topper is the perfect allergy free bedding accessory that provides extra comfort and support without irritation
- Achieve healthier sleep with an overstuffed mattress topper and brushed microfiber shell; traditional down feathers can harbor dust mites, mold, and mildew, triggering allergy and asthma sufferers
- Box stitched for durability to prevent shifting and clumping, our extra deep mattress pad fits mattresses up to 18 inches in height, with the 2-way stretch fabric ensures a snug fit
- Transform your old mattress with the luxury of our hotel quality mattress topper at home, why waste money on an expensive new mattress when you can sleep great with a new plush mattress cover
- Easy to care for and maintain- Machine washable in large capacity machines, tumble dry the mattress pad on low and fluff after removal. Professional cleaning recommended for smaller capacity machines.
If you don’t like foam toppers, you need to check out the Hospitilogy Heavenly Topper. The comfort starts with the soft and smooth brushed microfiber polyester outer. It is so soft you will be tempted to not put the sheet over it. The mattress topper is stuffed with a combination of 24 oz. gel filling and a synthetic hypoallergenic goose down substitute. This gives the topper a soft cushy feel while gently wicking heat away from your body. It adds a nice touch of softness to any mattress.
The topper is boxed stitched to make sure the fill does not clump or slide away. This style of the topper is designed to add comfort to your bed but does not provide added support like memory foam toppers.
The topper is machine washable, but be forewarned, it will not fit in the most standard washing machine.
4. SleepJoy 2″ ViscO2 Ventilated Memory Foam Mattress Topper
- INSTANT MATTRESS ENHANCEMENT: Easily upgrade your mattress with a luxurious layer of high-quality memory foam. When you experience the gentle contouring and pressure point relief, you’ll sleep deeper and wake refreshed. Imagine feeling like you’re sleeping on a plush pillow top mattress, without the new mattress price. It’s the best way to add comfort anywhere: in the dorm, guest room, or master suite.
- BREATHABLE DESIGN: Cooler sleep means deeper sleep, so we designed this mattress topper for maximum breathability. Our open-cell memory foam allows for the free flow of air throughout the entire sleep surface. And the ventilated design provides even more airflow for increased cooling.
- PREMIUM MEMORY FOAM: Our ViscO2 memory foam offers superior durability, holding its shape over time for years of enjoyment. Plus, ViscO2 is odor-neutral, thanks to our unique manufacturing process that eliminates the need to air the product out before use. That means you can use the mattress topper right away and sleep better on night one.
- MADE IN THE USA: We proudly manufacture this topper right here in the USA and adhere to all quality standards -- ensuring consistent delivery of a product you can trust. Overseas products may have fewer safeguards and unknown ingredients that can affect both safety and quality. We stand behind this product with a limited 2-year warranty and our US-based customer service team is here to answer any questions.
- FRIENDLIER TO THE ENVIRONMENT: You can sleep soundly knowing that what you purchased is friendlier to the environment than other products on the market. This memory foam topper is enhanced with plant-based materials derived from castor beans, which have a lower carbon footprint than traditional memory foam or soy-based foams. Our foam is certified by CertiPUR-US to meet standards for content, emissions and durability.
The SleepJoy ViscO2 opted to keep you cool a different way. They utilize an open cell construction which lets the air flow throughout the entire topper. This makes sure you stay cool and comfortable from head to toe. SleepJoy uses a special foam that is infused with plant-based fibers made from castor beans. This makes it one of the most environmentally responsible foam toppers on the market.
You will notice a quick difference when you unwrap your ViscO2 topper. There is no odor. SleepJoy odor-neutralizes the toppers before they ship them, to make sure they are ready to be put on your bed and used. The topper provides good back support for people who sleep on their backs. You may feel the topper is a little too thin if you sleep on your side.
The topper does not include a cover and is difficult to clean. You can do simple spot cleaning, but it is not machine washable. SleepJoy includes a 2-year warranty on their topper, which is a little shorter than some other foam toppers.
5. Sleep Innovations Gel Memory Foam 4-inch Dual Layer Mattress Topper – Professional’s Choice
- Dual Layer Gel Memory Foam Mattress Topper: This luxurious 2 layer mattress topper features a 2 inch soft quilted pillow top cover filled with plush fiber fill and 2 inches of cooling gel memory foam
- Bedtime Made Better: This gel foam mattress topper offers plush support for all sleep positions; The 2 inch pillow top cover is removable, washable, and stretches to fit your bed like a fitted sheet
- Instantly Improve Any Mattress: Relieve pressure points, enjoy deeper sleep, and wake up feeling refreshed with our line of memory foam, gel memory foam, dual layer, and pillow top mattress toppers
- Made In The USA: Our memory foam mattresses, mattress toppers, and pillows are all hypoallergenic and CertiPUR-US certified, offering you high quality materials for high quality sleep
- Committed To Great Sleep: We invented the memory foam mattress in a box and we continue to innovate restorative foams and fabrics to give you the best night's sleep; This topper comes with a 10 year warranty
Sleep Innovations created a unique dual layer topper that combines the best features of the soft down topper and a memory foam topper. The top layer is a softly quilted topper filled with a soft fiberfill down alternative. The second layer is a 2” memory foam which uses a cooling gel technology.
You get the soft comfortable feeling of a down topper combined with the support and pressure point relieve of a memory foam topper. This is a soft cushy feeling topper, which is not targeted at people who want firm support. It does provide good support to keep your back feeling fresh.
Cleaning is easy with this topper, too. The upper layer is machine washable. The lower layer can be spot cleaned, but that should be rare since it is protected by the upper layer. The warranty is shockingly long. Sleep Innovations covers the topper with a 10-year warranty. It is a more expensive topper, but you are getting the features of two toppers for the price of one.
6. Superior Down Alternative Mattress Topper
- SUBTLE SOFTNESS. With an ultra soft shell made of the finest 100% Microfiber and lofty Down Alternative Polyfill, this mattress topper excels in comfort.
- PERFECT FIT. This Queen topper measures 60" x 80" and contains 157 oz of fill with a 2" gusset. The plush down alternative fill refreshes an older mattress, adding a luxurious pillow top softness while preserving the support of your foam or spring mattress. Our mattress topper provides exceptional comfort, while staying cooler than more bulky toppers
- CLASSIC STYLE. Complete your bedroom set with Superior's collection of comforters, mattress protectors, blankets, and pillows. Our wide range of premium quality down alternative and memory foam bedding will make your bed so cozy, you'll never want to leave
- EASE OF CARE. The baffle box construction, crafted with double needle stitching, prevents our fill from shifting. This beautiful mattress topper is machine washable, and can be tumble dried on low heat to re-fluff. We recommend removing all bedding promptly from dryer to reduce any wrinkling. Always follow care label instructions for best results
This Superior All Season topper for mattresses is a hypoallergenic alternative to polyfill toppers. The cover is 100 percent microfiber which is very soft, and the filling means this topper feels like a luxury pillowtop. This topper sports baffle box construction along with double-needle stitching which means the fill isn’t likely to clump together or shift. Unlike its competition, this particular down alternative mattress topper can be machine-washed.
This mattress topper comes in at 2 inches thick, offering you an extra layer of softness you’ve likely been hunting for. This is great for adding some comfort to a bed that is too firm or even revitalizing an older mattress on the cheap. Like most fiberbed mattress toppers, a bit of refluffing is necessary to keep this one thick. Also, it might move around under the sheet, meaning you’ll need to make morning adjustments every day. Finally, washing it might be a gamble give how it won’t hold up well sometimes. You might be better off letting a professional cleaner handle things.
7. Pure Green 100% Natural Latex Mattress Topper
- Soft - Great for Adding Softness to the Surface of a Mattress
- Adjusts to Your Body Instantly - Adds Softness without Sacrificing Support - Latex Foam Naturally Stays Cool
- Made of Natural Latex Harvested from Organically Grown Rubber Trees
- GOLS Certified Organic (Global Organic Latex Standard) - Fair For Life Fair Trade Certified
- Oeko-Tex Standard 100 - Greenguard Gold - ecoInstitut - All Certifications Issued Directly to Sleep On Latex
If you want some more bounce in your topper or memory foam proves too hot, then this latex topper might be right up your alley. Yes, it’s made from all-natural latex, which means the current price of $199 at the time of writing is actually quite understandable. Since it’s made from natural latex, you would and should expect this mattress topper to come to you hypoallergenic, dust-mite-resistant, and anti-microbial, and it delivers. It won’t retain heat quite like memory foam, so you’re definitely going to sleep cool on top of this. If you aren’t able to sleep well when it’s hot out, consider also adding a great cooling pillow.
We totally love how this mattress topper is available in many sizes, with three thickness options as well as three distinct firmness options. That means that you can give your mattress a total makeover or just make a subtle change to how it feels. This topper is adept at contouring around a body shape to relieve pressure points. It’s quite comfortable too, since you can basically choose how much comfort the topper gives you, in terms of soft, medium, and firm options. You ought to know that this particular mattress topper does come with some initial odor. Also be sure that you’re free of latex allergies or sensitivities prior to buying this topper.
8. Red Nomad Ultra Premium Gel Infused Visco Elastic Memory Foam Mattress Pad
- Quality sleep every night with Red Nomad gel memory foam mattress topper
- Our innovative foam mattress pad design is produced with technology to provide you without sweat and comfortable sleep.
- Sleep without sweat with our cooling feature gel mattress topper
- Memory foam topper reduces motion transfer and absorbs the movement in an isolated manner.
- Your hips, shoulders and back will feel the support by the firm gel mattress topper.
The Red Nomad looks a lot like our top pick of the DreamFoam two-inch gel swirl. In truth, this particular memory foam topper also happens to be 2 inches in thickness and is gel-infused to provide temperature control. What sets this one apart from the DreamFoam option is price, size, and durability. When tested, this mattress topper seems to do better in terms of durability. The Red Nomad price is higher, but then again the size of this topper is an inch less on every side. The maker of this states clearly that the size reduction is specifically done to make sure the topper fits inside the mattress cover. On the other hand, that inch of space winds up creating a small ledge around the sides of the bed that some might notice. In cases of performance, you’re really not able to distinguish many differences between the two.
This topper offers a medium-firm feel, which is very comfortable and offers you badly needed pressure relief. There is a whiff of a chemical small the first time you unroll this topper, but it fades fast after a few hours to air out. In regards to sleeping hot, this is a low-density memory foam which runs far cooler than many other similar toppers we’ve studied.
9. Snugfleece SnugSoft Elite Virgin Wool Bed Mattress Cover
- The most luxurious with it's 1 1/2" pile height
- 2" elastic corner straps
- Machine washable and Chemical-free
- Nothing keeps you cool in the summer and warm in the winter like Wool
- Fantastic for contouring to your body and alleviating painful pressure points
Nothing is quite like wool. This mattress topper can keep you cool in the summer and warm in the winter. It has a soft, luxe feel. It is machine-washable, chemical free thanks to 100% virgin wool, and naturally resistant to things like dust mites. It even stays in place thanks to 2-inch elastic corner straps.
It’s similar to fiberbed and featherbed mattress toppers, meaning this wool mattress topper needs to get fluffed up occasionally in order to maintain the loft. Many sleepers who buy this particular mattress topper do it in order to add softness to a firm mattress and also regulate bed temperature. It does a good job of cutting down on heat retention while also cutting down on heat retention in a luxurious manner. It offers some pressure point relief, but it’s not as effective in this department as memory foam or latex. Also, it’s thin, so it might not be a great mattress topper for anyone who is a side sleeper.
Advantages of Using Mattress Toppers
Consumers each have their own reasons for choosing to use mattress toppers, although some of the primary advantages of using one of them include:
Increased Comfort Layer: A good mattress topper is a sound way to offer the comfort layer,or the topmost layer of the mattress, a boost. When the top layer is thicker, it might make your mattress better aligned with the firmness preference that you have, given how there are plush and firm toppers. A number of materials that are used for mattress toppers might also be highly responsive so they actually improve any support your bed offers in different ways which promote spinal alignment.
Affordability: A lot of toppers can be bought for costs substantially lower than getting a brand new mattress. If you happen to be on a tight budget, then a topper might be a good option.
Let Your Mattress Last Even Longer: A mattress’ comfort layer is typically the first part of it to start breaking down, which is something that can hurt its performance level and comfort. A comfort layer that is sagging might also mean more weight is borne in the supporting layers, which accelerates the mattress demise. Any topper bolstering the comfort layer might enhance the useful lifespan of your mattress.
Mattress Protection: Toppers aren’t designed to protect a mattress, but they can be one more line of defense for things like allergens or spills, which reduces the odds of permanent damage to your actual mattress.
You Get More Choices: If you select a topper, you can pick the one that has the kind of features which you find most appealing. That might include things like support and firmness, but it might also include temperature controls to avoid hot sleeping and even motion isolation so one partner isn’t disrupted as much by someone else moving on the bed.
Help With Pain: If you’re not getting the kind of support your mattress needs to give you, you can wind up with pain all throughout your body, although it’s most frequently seen in the hips and back. Picking a mattress topper which delivers extra support and contouring might serve a crucial role in pain relief.
Who Ought To Consider Getting A Mattress Topper?
Due to the advantages and disadvantages of different mattress toppers, they often fit better in some circumstances than others. Some of the better situations where a mattress topper might be something to consider include the following:
When you have to make a mattress that is firm softer: one great to make a seemingly hard mattress more appealing for sleeping on is to use a mattress topper that offers a softer feel.
If your bed gets assigned to you: if you’re renting a furnished residence or maybe you’re a dorm room student. In cases like these, your bed is probably provided to you, but if it isn’t comfortable, then a topper might be a good way to adjust the feel of it at a very low cost.
If you need an improved RV bed: RV beds aren’t known for their support and comfort, but a topper might improve the circumstances dramatically.
When you hope to offer comfort to guests: you probably don’t want to spend a lot of money on a guest bed that only sees occasional use, although a topper for an older mattress might offer visitors lots of comfort anyway.
If you need to spruce up a pull-out sofa: many pull-out couches are infamous for their discomfort. Using a topper on any provided cushioning might make these a lot more inviting.
If you need a bit more motion isolation: when you sleep with a partner only to find their movement disrupts your sleep (and perhaps vice-versa) then a topper that has good motion isolation might help resolve the issue.
Mattress Topper Styles and Types
When you start shopping for a mattress topper, you will see a wide variety of different styles and materials. Below you will find a description of the most common types and their advantages and disadvantages.
Memory foam is one of the most popular materials used in mattresses and toppers. It provides a combination of being soft and giving good support. It is made with viscoelastic foam, which basically means it responds to pressure, but then springs back to its original place when pressure is removed. The foam will contour to your body. It provides superior spinal support, keeping your spine straight. Memory foam eliminates the transfer of motion, so you don’t wake up when your partner rolls over.
There are a few negatives which go along with memory foam, too. Some people feel like they are being swallowed by the foam. You sink in deeper than with traditional mattresses. Memory foam can be hot. It does not breathe as well as natural fibers. This is why some foams are infused with other materials, to improve airflow. The foam does not spring back instantly, which can leave indentations for a few moments when you move. It can feel a little odd during intimate moments.
A cooling gel topper is a hybrid memory foam topper. The difference is the swirls, or beads, or gel which are infused into the foam. The gel is intended to provide better cooling and air flow. There is not enough scientific proof to these claims, but many users do report a cool gel topper is cooler than a standard memory foam topper.
Latex toppers are made with latex rubber. Like memory foam, latex is responsive and compresses according to the amount of pressure that is applied to any part of its surface. But latex rebounds much more quickly when weight is removed, making it a more “resilient” material. As a result, it’s less likely to feel stuck in a latex mattress, and issues like overheating and inhibition of sex generally aren’t problems on a latex comfort layer.
A latex topper uses latex rubber in place of the viscoelastic foam. It contours to your body similar to memory foam, but with a little more stiffness. It rebounds quickly, instead of the slow response of memory foam. It eliminates the feeling of being swallowed by the mattress but does not provide the same softness. Latex toppers usually feel cooler. You will feel your partners motion a little more with the latex topper.
Your latex topper will not contour to your body as much, so you may feel slightly more pressure on pressure points. Latex is heavier and more expensive than memory foam.
The egg crate topper is usually one of the cheapest options. It is made with foam, but not with the same qualities as memory foam. It has an “egg crate” pattern on one side, which is intended to provide a contouring effect. Egg crate toppers are cheap, but it shows up in their durability. You will replace an egg crate topper more frequently.
Down mattress toppers are filled with the soft light feathers found on the underside of ducks and geese. You may see them called featherbeds. Down is excellent for softness, comfort, and for providing good warmth.
A down topper provides zero support. The feathers may clump up and give a bumpy feel to your topper. They are one of the most expensive types of toppers. Many down toppers need to be dry-cleaned.
Sheep’s wool is one of the most comfortable materials you can find for your comforter. The natural wool wicks away moisture. It provides a combination of great warmth and air flow, which keeps you cool in the summer and warm in the winter.
On the downside, a wool topper does not provide support and is both expensive to buy and to maintain.
Things to Consider when Buying a Topper
Choosing the right mattress topper requires looking at a few important factors. Here are the most important things for you to consider:
The Type of Topper
After reading a few of our reviews and our discussion of materials, we hope you understand the benefits and shortfalls of different materials. Make your decision based on your personal needs for firmness, support, responsiveness, and bounce. As you’ve seen, some types of toppers are superior for certain areas.
Some topper materials give you a softer sleeping surface, while others firm up an overly soft mattress. Consider how your current mattress feels. Do you want it to be a little softer or a little firmer? If you are not sure, choose a medium firm topper, which will give you a good balance between the two.
Thickness is an important element when you are looking at foam or latex toppers. A thin topper will not provide much additional support, or change the softness of your bed. You may want to think about your fitted sheets, too. Will they fit over a taller topper?
Heavier persons usually like a thicker topper. The taller topper is better for persons with painful joints or pressure points, too.
Lifespan and Durability
How long will a topper last? The best way to determine that is to read verified reviews. You will quickly get an idea of how long the toppers have stood up for other users. Another good indicator is the length of the warranty. As you read in our reviews, warranties can range from non-existent to 10-years in length.
Foam density determines how hard or soft your topper is. The denser the foam, the stiffer it is and the longer it will last. Dense foam is heavier, making it harder to put on and take off the bed. This is not an issue if you plan to keep your topper on the bed all the time. Density plays a role in pricing, too. A heavier topper will cost more.
Are you having problems staying asleep because of your partner tossing and turning? A memory foam topper helps to isolate the motion so you don’t feel their movement.
Do you get hot easily at night? If you have trouble with getting hot, choose a mattress topper that provides good airflow and temperature control.
If you have problems with allergies, you need to be a little more cautious. Some people are allergic to down and wool. These natural fibers are more likely to grab onto allergens in the air, too. Some people are allergic to latex, also. If you struggle with allergies, look for a topper which is hypoallergenic.
Intimacy & Sex
Toppers can play havoc with your sex life. Memory foam’s slow rebound can be exasperating during those intimate moments. Consider what materials will provide you the proper balance of good sleeping paired with support for your intimate moments.
Best Mattress Toppers Costco | Walmart | Amazon
Last update on 2022-08-09 / Rating by Author / Affiliate links, Images, Descriptions & Price from Amazon Product Advertising API